This is a quick and easy recipe you can always fall back on. You can eat the cake for breakfast or as dessert after dinner. It’s really lite but delicious — perfect to serve with strawberries and milk or ice cream.
1.5 cups whole milk yogurt2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (Olivaio)1.25 cups sugar3 eggs1 tsp vanilla2.5 cups all purpose flour2.5 tsp baking powder3/4 tsp baking soda1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Lightly coat a 9 inch pan with cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and line the bottom with parchment
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- Add the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt to the liquids and gently stir until no lumps remain (be careful to not overmix)
- Pour the dough into the cake pan and bake for 50–60 minutes; transfer to a cooling rack and let it rest for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan; serve warm